A Three-Step Process for Starting
A Parish-Based Catholic Men's Ministry
1. Contact your pastor - let him know you want to start a parish men's group in your parish. Be sure to let him know that his is not something he has to now add to his already busy workload.
2. Invite Catholic men in the parish to attend a meeting on starting parish men's groups.
- Announcement in Sunday bulletin
- Invitations mailed to Catholic men in the parish.
- Personal invitations
3. At the first meeting, after some time of socializing, have a live testimony, if possible, by a man who is a part of a small men's group. Get a sense of the interests of the men. (being better husbands and fathers, living as a Catholic man in the world today, spiritual growth, etc.) . Schedule next meeting to discuss any questions and then create a simple mission statement and goals for your group, and decide when, where and how often you want to meet. Then hand out the initial men's group resource tool (book, tape, handout, etc.) to be used. Many faith groups begin with the upcoming weekly Sunday readings-which we provide on our website. On the front home page look on the right side for the box indicating the weekly readings. They will have commentary and questions you can use with your group. Simply paste the info to a word document and distribute to your group at the meeting.